Jonathan Owens (b. 1800 in Wilkes, North Carolina and (d) 1838 in Clay City, Indiana) married Louisa Taylor ( b. 1802 in North Carolina and (d) 1836 in Clay City, Indiana). They married in 1817 in Kentucky. Their children are:
- Sarah Owens / (b) 1818 Rockcastle, Kentucky / (d) 1885 Bearden, Marion, Arkansas
- David Owen / (b) 1820 Kentucky
- Larkin Owen / (b) 25 July 1822 / (d) 19 Aug 1846 / birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Johnson Owens / (b) 1827 Indiana / (d) 29 August 1899 in Clay County, Indiana
- Samuel Owen / (b) 1827 in Kentucky
- Evan Owen / (b) 29 Dec 1829 / (d) 7 Nov 1878 / birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Rebecca Owen / (b) 1834 in Kentucky
Johnson Owens (b. 1827; Indiana / d. 29 Aug, 1899; Clay County, Indiana) married Catherine Cooprider (b. 16 Jan, 1834; Clay City, Indiana / d. Jan., 1909; Martz, Indiana). Their children are:
- Rebecca / 28 Feb. 1852 - 4 June 1929 / birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Logan Owens / (b) March 7, 1854 / (d) July 8, 1921
- Celia / (b) 1856 in Clay City, Indiana
- Emma / (b) 1858 in Clay City, Indiana
- Thomas / (b) 1859 Indiana / (d) 14 March 1944 in Sedgwick, Kansas
- Elias (b) 21 Jan. 1863 in Clay City, Indiana / 9d0 8 September 1953
- Charles / (b) 10 Aug. 1866 / (d) 29 June 1879 / birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Rosa / (b) 7 April 1871 / (d) 10 Jan., 1916 / birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Amanda / (b) August, 1873 / (d) 15 Dec., 1922 / Birth and death in Clay City, Indiana
- Minnie / (b) 1875 in Indiana / (d) 1931
- Warren / (b) 11 Dec. 1877 in Clay City, Indiana / (d) 3 May 1950
- 1/2 Siblings via Father: Johnson Owens and 1st Wife: Martha Owens / 1830
- Eliza A. Owen (b) 1857, Indiana
- Jacob Owen (b) 1859, Indiana
- James Owen (b) 1862, Indiana
Logan Owens (b. March 7, 1854 / d. July 8, 1921) married Liddy Ann Greenwell (b. May 15, 1854 / d. March 22, 1938). They married August 22, 1873 in Clay City, Indiana. Liddy Ann Greenwell was barefooted when she was married to Logan Owens, because they eloped and had to wade a creek.
The Children of Logan and Liddy Ann Owens
- Orie Owens (b. August 22, 1874 / d. 1962) married Alice Cotton
- Lawrence Owens (b. January 21, 1876 in Clay City, Indiana / d. September 8, 1953) married Tincy L. Howe (b. Oct. 4, 1878 in Clinton Co., Michigan / d. January 19, 1947?). They married on October 4, 1896 in Bently, Kansas.
- John Owens (b. January 23, 1878 / d. October 12, 1953) married Maude Temple and he married a second wife Blanche Orr.
- Curtis Owens (b. June 17, 1880 / d. November 2, 1883)
- Evie Owens (b. March 15, 1882 / d. November 13, 1884)
- Laura Owens (b. January 17, 1886 / d. July 21, 1890)
- George Owens (b. May 20, 1888 in Kansas / d. October 1, 1966) married Mary Blanche Akins (b. April 20, 1880 in Kansas / d. October 1, 1969) They married on April 12, 1909.
- B. Franklin Owens (b. July 17, 1890) married Esther Jamison (b. February 13, 1895 / d. July 29, 1966)
- C.E. (Happy) Owens (b. January 12, 1892 / d. July 5, 1964) married Maude Beard (b. February 13, 1895 / d. October 18, 1973)
- Will T. Owens (b. April 22, 1893 / d. April 4, 1963) married Ida Akins
- Harley Owens (b. March 12, 1895 / d August 6, 1895)
- Claude Owens (b. January 2, 1897 d. February 13, 1897)
Lawrence Owens and Tincy Howe: (Son of Logan and Liddy Ann Owens)
- O.C. Joe Owens (b. October 16, 1897 in Bently, Kansas) married Lela Oyler (b. July 29, 1906 in Norwich, Kansas). They married may 2, 1923 in Liberal, Kansas.
- Cora A.M. Owens (b. July, 1899 in Bently, Kansas / d. February 19, 1937) married Herman Fischgrabe (b. July 12, 1891 in Hebron, Nebraska). They married July, 1924 in Wichita, Kansas.
- Leonard Lawrence (Pug) Ownes (b. January 1, 1901 in Bently, Kansas / d. 1985, Florence, Colorado) married Nellie May Ruggles (b. May 18, 1901 in Blackwell, Oklahoma / d. 1991 Colorado Springs, Colorado). They married November 4, 1922 in Lamar, Colorado.) Both are buried with their daughter Lois in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Percy W. Owns (b. July 2, 1903 in Docoma, Oklahoma) married Wilda Atwood (b. August, 1910 in McDonald Co., MO.). They married august 4, 1929 in Webb, Colorado.
- Ralph Owens (b. July 9, 1905 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Lela Lefler (b. May 14, 1911 in Blandinsville, Illinois) married December 10, 1927 in Burlington, Iowa. One of them passed away on January 22, 1974.
- John T. Owens (b. May, 1907 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Velma Castor (b. November 23, 1911 in Farnum, Nebraska). They married September 23, 1928 in Ulysses, Kansas.
- Bertha Mae Owens (b. December 12, 1908 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Ray Chatham (b. in Springfield, Colorado). They married in Canon City, Colorado. One of them passed away in 1955.
- Tincy Emma Owens (b. November 23, 1911 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma / d. September 16, 1935).
- Orie O. Owens (a twin was b. December 26, 1913 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Winona Wilson (b. March 20, 1914 in Bentley, Kansas / d. January 14, 1971). They married June 7, 1954 in Wichita, Kansas. He also married a second wife: Katherine Walton (b. March 31, 1920 in St. Johns, Kansas). They married July 7, 1971 in Hays, Kansas).
- Orval O. Owens (a twin was b. December 26, 1913 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Ruby L. Burger (b. March 22, 1914 in Wapella, Illinois). They married August 29, 1937 in Macomb, Illinois.
- Almina Jenevieve Owens (b. January 28, 1916 in Beaver Co., Oklahoma) married Howard Lefler (b. September 18, 1914 in Blandinsville, Illinois). They married November 10, 1940 in Palmura, MO.
- Logan Daniel Owens (b. May 14, 1919 in Prowers Co., Colorado) married Fances Green (b. October 3, 1921 in Gossells, Kansas). They married May 5, 1941 in Fruita, Colorado.
- Charles Elmer Owens (b. July 10, 1921) in Prowers Co., Colorado / d. October 24, 1967) married Joceyln Dillon (b. August 22, 1926 in Las Animas, Colorado). They married March, 1943 in Boise City, Oklahoma.
Leonard Lawrence (Pug) Owens and Nellie May Ruggles: (Son of Lawrence Owens and Tincy Howe: (Grandson of Logan and Liddy Ann Owens)
Leonard L. (Pug) Owens went deaf. He could play the Mandalyn, Banjo, Accordian, Guitar, Fiddle and Harmonica. He tried to teach all his kids to play an instrument. My Mother was interested so we weren't exposed to music by her other than when we watched and listen to our Grandfather, Uncle Lloyd and Uncle Curly play. Aunt Bobbie taught herself to play base and she recorded songs in Nashville. She and her husband, my Uncle Mike had a band as well.
- Lloyd Owens (b. October 1, 1923 in Holly, Colorado / d. Arizona ) married Jean Spence (b. August 21, 1929 / Arizona)
- Edna Owens (b. April 11, 1926) married Joe Farmer (b. February 19, 1923 / d. Colorado Springs, Colorado) They married March 1, 1944. (Uncle Joe was color blind and Aunt Edna helped deliver my Mother and named her.
- Lois Owens (b. February 20, 1930 in Two Buttes, Colorado / d. January, 1936)
- Burl (Curly) Owens (b. May 6, 1932 in Manter, Colorado / d. California) married Donna Lewis (b. December 30, 1959). They married October 31, 1959 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Uncle Curly and Aunt Donna Vee had a band.
- Hazel Owens (b. February 17, 1937 in Denver, Colorado) married Andy Brooks (b. September 7, 1919 in Colorado, Springs / d. Creede, Colorado). They married September 12, 1958 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Elva Owens (b. February 11, 1940 in Colorado Springs, Colorado) married Buddy Boatwright (b. July 15, 1939 / d. California). They married March 5, 1960 in Baton, New Mexico.
- Donna Owens (b. March 30, 1943 in Canon City, Colorado) married Danny Matlock (b. October 22, 1937, Evansville Indiana / d. September 13, 2010 Thorton, Colorado). They married August 17, 1961, Denver, Colorado and Divorced: September 13, 1966 Denver, Colorado)
- Roberta Kay Owens (b. July 31, 1946 in Denver, Colorado) married Mike Hogan (b. May 4, 1940). They married April 23, 1966 in Raton, New Mexico. Aunt Bobbie taught herself to play base and she recorded songs in Nashville. She and her husband, my Uncle Mike had a band as well. They taught both their sons to play musical instruments also.